From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Info Application Builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am working through this tutorial Distributing Applications from this NI Tutorial

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3303/en/

My uncertainty at the moment is I am using LV2014 and when I look for the LV Run time engine which I believe should be installed on the target  Computer, there pops up a number of Run time engines ,What is the correct Run time engine and does it need to be installed on the target computer.

I appreciate your help and directions I do not need an installer I just need an executable for my test team on the vehicle  

Regards 

QMESAR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learning is an endless process but needs to start some where
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QMESAR

A target can have any number or different runtim engine installed at the same time. If your executable was made in LabVIEW 2014, it needs the 2014 run time engine. See if it is installed, else install it.

Message 2 of 8
(2,834 Views)

Dear altenbach.

Thank you very  much for the clarification .

Regards 

QMESAR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,826 Views)

Hi All,

I ran into a confusion with the Tutorial from NI web from here  http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3303/en/

(1) The tutorial mention that you should enter the target name Tutorial.exe in the Target filename Text box in the 

Information page ,in my LV2014 this text box does not exists .

1.jpg

(2)From the Source files Category I should select the Tutorial GUI.vi as the Startup Vi by selecting the add arrow next to the Startup Vi list box,again this list box does not exist in LV2014?

2.jpg

The question is this Tutorial older or newer than my LV2014 this Tutorial helps me in no way is there somewhere something that can help me just to make a executable of my LV project

I am more worried and concerned than a week ago when tutorial make people more lost then help then I am worried Smiley Happy

Any help directions are highly appreciated 

Regards 

QMESAR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,810 Views)

Hi QMESAR,

which kind of Build did you select?

Did you really chose the "Application (EXE)" build - or rather the "Source distribution" as it seems from your images?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,792 Views)

Hi GerdW

You most probably correct but in the Tutorial under Stand-Alone application points 1 &2 ,I do not have these settings when right clicking the Build specification ,Build specification select- New  >> Application , Only have this  I am sorry for my ignorance.Smiley Embarassed

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,788 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QMESAR

Hi QMESAR,

then you miss the AppBuilder license!

Is your LabVIEW license allowed to use the AppBuilder at all?

Did you validate your license?

Did you check your license in the NI LicenseManager?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 8
(2,785 Views)

Hi GertW.

Yes this was the problem the company machine has the application builder installed however it was not activated ,I activated it now and the quick menu looks quite different ,This is clearly beginner novice issues 

Thanks a million now it is good 

1.jpg

Regards 

QMESAR

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,782 Views)