LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gauge in JPG format to be moved as per calculation

Hi,

I had A JPG image of Dash board used in automobile which shows speedometer warning lights gauges and LCD display.We are making use of Labview 8.6 for our automation .Will You please tell me that how I can animate the JPG file as per my Inputs For example

1. JPG Warning Lights turning on /off

2.Speedometer's pointer  moves as per applied frequency

Please help me how the data  or image can be prossed for its automation.Or how the JPg file can be converted to Labview tool

Regards

Sharmila.Karale

Message Edited by Support on 03-09-2009 09:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,813 Views)

Hi Sharmila,

you can

- use JPGs as background images to put your (standard) indicators in front of it...

- customize indicators to change their appearance

- use the picture indicator to show an (JPG) image and todraw your own "animations"

You will find a lot of threads on all of these suggestions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,790 Views)

HI GerdW

First of all labview is totally new for me.   

Can u please tell me steps  for processing the image.Or  send me a simple example of Vi like any jpg file of speedometer which is moved as per the applied frequency.I think this will solve all my quries.

And also tell me how to rate answersSmiley Happy

Regards

Sharmila.Karale

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,763 Views)

Hi Sharmila,

check the attached example to see if it fits your needs. You can always customize indicators to your needs...

Rating will be enabled after some minimum contribution to the forum Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,749 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I know this application  as these pointers are already  available in Labview .What I am actually looking for is I had one JPG file as in the attachment.Which is suppose to be controlled through labview .JPG file is dragged in the Front panel but beyond that nothing can be done on that.I want to move JPG's pointer as per my input.So for that what I m suppse to do?Please throw a light or  send me a simple example .

Regards

Sharmila.Karale

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,735 Views)

Hi Sharmila,

as I wrote in my first message:

- put the JPG in the background and place indicators in front of it

- now make the indicators all transparent (using the coloring tool) except for the needle...

- for the buttons: use picture rings or customized booleans...

Message Edited by GerdW on 03-09-2009 11:56 AM
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,728 Views)

SInce you want to animate this

You will probably wna to look at the code posted by PJM in this thread. (Im ena take a look at this thread it already has a dash board rendered using a picture control).

Other picture control examples can are linked in this thread.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 7
(2,725 Views)