LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gathering data at high speed and then proccessing it

Using LV 8.0 I have to read two channels 16000 times at 10Khz. I used an express vi that feeds directly to a write to spreadsheet vi and it works nicely. However I would like to use a polynomial that converts the voltage of one of the channels to a temperature. When I put the polynomial ( in a formular box) in between the express vi and the spreadsheet write by using split and merge data functions everything slows down and wont capture all the data. So I was thinking about using a sequence structure and reading the data in one frame and processing it in the next one. So, I was wondering in what form to pass the data to the second frame, building an array and passing it through a sequence local only gives me one line.
Any suggestions will be welcomed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,107 Views)
Using a sequence structure won't solve your problem. All that you're doing is moving the location where it's going to slow down. Besides, you don't need a sequence structure to enforce execution order.

It sounds like you need to separate the data collection and the data processing so they operatate independently. This can be done in many ways. A queue is one basic way to do this. What is the purpose of the polynomial application? Is it being displayed on a graph? Are you saving it to file? Can you provide a snapshot of the code, or better yet, upload it?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,094 Views)

Thanks, I didn't think about using a queue. I usually never have to scan faster than 1hz so it hasn't come up.

I'll try using one.

Oh and the polymonial was applied to the voltage output of a non linear temperature transmitter to get temperature. My thinking was gather the data in one frame (or whatever) and process and log it in another. . Right now I gather the data, get it into excel, and apply the polynomial there. A queue sounds interesting though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,084 Views)