cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM modem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I would like to work in GSM modem, while i face some connection problem with it.......

firstly, i tried to connect my gsm modem with sms vi. but i found that it cant be communicate in between....

Normally, when we select the com port of the VISA resource after connected with GSM, it will appear an small icon behind the com port number.....however i didn see it...

Secondly, i have tried to 9600 baud rate to run the AT command, while it doesn't work, after i have change the baud rate to 115200, the GSM modem can send out message but the read string din show the AT command that is executed....(normally will show the AT command and 'ok' )

Anybody know what happen please share ur experiance with me, look forward ur reply eagerly.....

thank you very much.

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(4,821 Views)

Hi kelvin,

how do you work with this modem normally, without LabVIEW? If you use another program, then it is possible that this sends a different configuration, than you do with LabVIEW. There are some AT commands to set the response style.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(4,816 Views)

hi

I'm using WAVECOM FASTRACK modem, before this the GSM modem is work with PIC.... now i want to implement it in my LabVIEW VI.....

Is it any problems? Is it the AT command universal for any software?

I have used same brand of GSM modem before this with 9600 baud rate, while it can function well, why this GSM modem have to work in 115200 baud rate?

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(4,810 Views)

Hi kelvin,

i don't know this modem, but most of them use a core AT command set. The connection settings should be described in the modem description. I'm not really sure where you have problems. Can you send commands to your Modem?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(4,803 Views)

hi

I'm using the AT command set provided from the manufacturer, i think should be ok for that.....

but i'm not sure that command has send or not to the modem....

because just now i tried again, it cant send anymroe sms, it take no response when i run my vi.....

Is it any problem in between communication for my PC with GSM?

Best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(4,797 Views)

Hi Kelvin,

you should first check the communication between your PC and the Modem. You can try it with a simple command like "AT+CPIN?". Normally you should get a response to it which tells you if the PIN is required or already known.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(4,793 Views)

hi

i have tried to use hyperterminal while my gsm modem is work.....

but i face some problem as shown when i try in labview, could anybody help me?

untitled.JPG

thanks....

best regard

kelvin  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(4,761 Views)

While you have the COM port open in Hyperterminal you can't access it in LabVIEW. This is a Windows limitation that only allows one application to access a specific serial port, and it is in fact a useful limitation.

Also while you hit in Hyperterminal the enter key to send of the string you also cause Hyperterminal to send of a carriage return and/or line feed character. LabVIEW does not have an enter key to hit to add this string, so you must make sure to append a carriage return and/or line feed character specifically to every string you send to the modem. Otherwise it will sit there and wait for any more characters before doing anything.Those characters tell the modem that the command is finished and should be executed.

Message Edited by rolfk on 03-01-2010 11:28 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 8 of 45
(4,758 Views)

hi

i don't understand what is it...... could u please show me more detail how to solve this problem?

thank you very much.....

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(4,748 Views)
I'm afraid I don't understand what you don't understand.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(4,746 Views)