From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM SIM Card interface?

I have been trying to interface with a GSM SIM card to pull data requested by a phone. I am basically going into the call setup process with a phone and I need to "activate" the SIM card "deeactivate" the SIM card. (This is not the same as calling Verizon/ATT for network access, this is device to SIM card level communication).

I also need to request other information from the SIM card. I

have interface spec documents for the sim card and reader, but I am having difficulties actually connecting to the SIM card reader and requesting the data.

I have searched for APDU interface information on the site and find a Very old post with very little information. I have some code from Mathan(http://forums.ni.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/103044) but it is crashing LabVIEW. This is winscard.dll interface type activity which seems to partially apply.

Does anyone have any experience interfacing directly with a GSM SIM card to make calls? I am NOT trying to send SMS messages or connect with a serial port to pull out the CNUM.

APDU Ref: http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Practices/Smart-Cards-An-Introduction/

The APDU is an application level protocol as specified in the ISO 7816-4, which takes place between a smart card and a host application for the communication purpose.

APDU consist of two structures, as defined below:

Command APDU (C-APDU: this command is used by the host application to send command to the card. Header: it consist of 4 bytes:-

1. Class of instruction (CLA)
  2. Instruction code (INS)
  3. Parameters: P1 and 2

I am new to the boards here and expect to be admonished for not provided enough information, so I am trying to give as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for ANY help or direction.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,740 Views)

Just so you're aware, this isn't something that we officially support at NI, so we can't offer guidance on how to interface with your SIM card. Hopefully one of the regular users of this forum will have some insight in to how to accomplish this.

Regards,

Brice S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,702 Views)