LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB problem with ISA board (plug and play)

Hi,
I'm trying to install an ISA gpib board "AT-GPIB/TNT (plug and play)", it's recognized by windows, it says it works, no conflict,  but when I try to use it, I have a connexion error.
I've a screen copy of the situation, with the message returned when the NI488-2 program try to find a GPIB interface and also with the error returned with my VI.
I don't know if this board is broken or if I've missed the installation, so can someone tell me what are the test I can do or what can I install to be sure...and perhaps to start working with it!

Thank you in advance.

Bim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,527 Views)

Is your board made by NI?

I don't think the NI488.2 program can detect boards not made by NI (I've an IOTech board, and NI488.2 can't detect it either, but I can use GPIB Read and Write in LabVIEW)

See-Ming

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,513 Views)

Hi bimbim,

You might try un-installing/re-installing the device, then, do all your trouble-shooting in MAX.  Once you confirm the interface is working in MAX, it will probably work with LabVIEW.

I doubt this has anything to do with the problem, but your post implies the AT-GPIB/TNT is "plug and play",

yet the "Troubleshooting Wizard" dialog in attached .gif says the (NI) AT-GPIB/TNT is non-Plug-and-Play!

Hi Elsa, That's interesting that the IOTech board works with LabVIEW!  - What I'd really like to see is a $100 alternative to the GPIB/USB interface. ;^)

Cheers

When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,498 Views)