LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB driver for Ando AQ-6315A optical spectrum analyzer

Hello all experts,

I am looking for a driver software for Ando AQ-6315A optical spectrum analyzer which can define the connection between the machine and determine the address. During the searching, I found several LLB files but could not a driver. Is there anyone who can send or let me know where I find it?

Have a nice day and I am looking for some nice solution:)

Kind wishes,

Jung-Hwan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,931 Views)

GPIB is governed by IEEE-488.2 protocol, which specifies the cable and connector.  If you want to connect to a GPIB instrument, you need a GPIB cable and a GPIB interface on your PC (or Mac).  The Driver that you need is the IEEE-488.2 driver that comes with LabVIEW's Drivers and Interfaces.  So with the right Computer interface and the right cable, just install NI's 488.2 Driver and start programming.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,867 Views)

Hi vsong21,

Bob_Schor is right about the driver set and connections. Additionally, while Ando doesn't have a specific LabVIEW driver for the AE-6315A, there are drivers for similar instruments. It might be worth trying the LabVIEW driver for the AQ630B or AQ6317B as they may be similar enough to work.

3rd Party Instrument Driver - Ando
http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:idr/q/ando/

Best of luck on your project. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,844 Views)