LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS+ Device Shows as USB RAW Device in MAX

Hello!

We try to install and use a GPIB-USB-HS+ interface under Windows 10 Pro x64 (Dell laptop).

After installing the latest 19.5 GPIB driver pack, via https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-488-2.html#305442 ,

we see the problem described here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LoOSAU&l=hu-HU

We did all the advised steps:

1. Test the GPIB-USB-HS device in a different USB port 
  2. Make sure you have the latest compatible NI-488.2 driver installed
  3. Make sure NI GPIB Enumeration ServiceNI LXI Discovery Service, and NI Route Coordinator is running  (yes all 3 of them running)

Under device manager, the device appears correctly as GPIB-USB-H+ .

We did several times remove / re-install all NI drivers too. Nothing helped so far.

We plan to reinstall Windows too soon, and try installing GPIB driver again.

Anyone had such problem previously with such hardware/driver? Did you find any proper solution?

(the same USB-GPIB interface works fine at another PC, where we have exactly the same drivers installed).

We do not use LabVIEW, we only need MAX and the GPIB driver (the device is used from under C++).

Thanks for any advice!

Regards folks! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,099 Views)

There are two NI-MAX services that you need to check that are running: NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader.  These are sometimes seen as malicious code by overzealous Antivirus apps and disabled.  You'll need to enable them if disabled, and set them to delayed start.

If these services are disabled, you'll see stuff like this.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,059 Views)

Thanks! Actually my colleagues solved the problem when I was not there: they installed  NI-488.2 version 17.6, and the device was properly recognized. But I will remember your hint when I see such problem next time. 

It is crazy annoying when you have to uninstall and re-install NI drivers: it just takes forever, even for a GPIB driver... 😞

Message 3 of 3
(2,040 Views)