LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB PROBLEM

There is just no need for a dhcp server. You have a pc with a fixed ip and the instrument with a fixed ip on the the same subnet as the pc. Nothing fancy required at all.
Message 41 of 66
(999 Views)

Hi Mr. 

thanks for reply.

I did change the Ip addresses but i cant connect either to my MAX or using ping method as in this link - http://www.tek.com/support/faqs/how-do-i-connect-my-oscilloscope-ethernet-connection-ni-visa

or do i have to download the latest NI.VISA (14.0)?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 66
(986 Views)

If you can't ping the device, then you have problems at the lowest level unrelated to VISA or LabVIEW.  How are you physically connecting the PC to the instrument?  If it is a direct cable, is it an ordinary ethernet cable or a cross-over ethernet cable?

Message 43 of 66
(979 Views)

Thanks for the reply Mr.

i actually connect it using networking cable. cable that is alwas used for internet.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 66
(974 Views)
That doesn't answer the question. If your nic does not auto-switch, you need a cross-over network cable.

Please provide the ip's for the instrument and the pc. Neither should have dhcp turned on.
Message 45 of 66
(963 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
There is just no need for a dhcp server. You have a pc with a fixed ip and the instrument with a fixed ip on the the same subnet as the pc. Nothing fancy required at all.

I didn't see the post where both the computer and the Oscope had fixed IP addresses, especially when the Oscope error indicated it was set up to automatically obtain an IP address.

My take was that the computer was usually connected to the company's network and was getting it's IP address from the network and the Oscope is configured to its default, which is DHCP.  Now the computer was taken off the network and defaulted to a local IP address.  If that was the case, it might have been simpler for the user to simple get a router so that they can both be auto-config'd, instead of asking someone who is obviously a computer novice to configure his computer manually.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 46 of 66
(952 Views)

Dennis, I think you may have assumed the wrong thing.  I still see no post where he had manually configured his computer's IP address.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 47 of 66
(943 Views)
I didn't see it either, which is why I asked for it.
Message 48 of 66
(932 Views)

is this what you requested?

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 66
(919 Views)
That appears to be your Wi-Fi connection to your internal network. You have another, dedicated port on your computer, don't you?
Message 50 of 66
(904 Views)