LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOP and two controls due to lack of space

Hello All
I have to less space on my screen while designing the private data for GOOP class. I tried to use TAB control only as a page selector, but LV says that I can not have another control and I have to delete it.
It there any elegant way to have a lot of private data distributed somehow on the screen. Maybe I can encapsulate them somehow.
As far as I can see, the GOOP private data is a user defined control entirelly encapsulated into CLUSTER.
Tab-control and cluster can not cope. I need Tab only for convinance (visibility), but I can not use it.
What to do? Whow fit large amount of data nicelly in limmited screen space.
thans in advance
Pawel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,376 Views)
Hi Pawel,

I am not quite clear on what problem you are having. I think it's that you don't have enough room to place all of your controls on the Front Panel of your VI? I am not sure why you had trouble with the Tab control. I built a quick example of one to see if it works on your machine.

Also, if you are wanting to build an object, then a cluster is the best way to go. If certain members are private, you can make them invisible by right-clicking on them and select Advanced>>Hide Indicator. Let me know if there's something else you're looking for.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,376 Views)
Hi JRA
Thank you for help. I will check it out, but I am currently out of the office. I will get back to you in case of further questions, if you do not mind.
kind regards
Pawel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,376 Views)
Hi JRA
My problem was like following. I use GOOP class wizard. The private variables can be changed by editing the reference file to the cluster of all data you want to have. Now, the reference file is for cluster. I can not have (as far as I can see, and this was the question) Tab-control inside the cluster. In other words, LV does not accept clusters of tab controls. Therfore, even though, I wanted to use the tab only as a "space-maker" it is still it is impossible.

regards
Pawel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,376 Views)