LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G Web Server on shared port

I'm trying to create some data files based on form data and then allow remote control of a VI which uses the data files. I'm doing the file manipulation with a CGI running on the G web server and that works fine. But I need to make available both the CGI and the remote front panel. When I activate the regular labview web server and configured the G web server to share port 80 with it, the web server is serving the vi for the cgi rather than running it. (ie: the client browser downloads the VI file). I'm at a loss as to why this happens in shared port mode but not when the G server has its own port. Any idea whats wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)
Hi, ChrisP.

The reason you're seeing strange results is that you shouldn't run two web servers on the same incoming port.  There's really no expected behavior for that situation, though I could make some guesses as to why you're seeing those results. If you're going to use multiple servers simultaneously, you'll need to specify different ports for them. (In theory it is definitely possible to have two web servers on the same port, but only in special situations, such as when they're designed to work together to share load from heavy traffic. It's also possible to create your own protocol -- and the server(s) to use it -- to allow that functionality, but it is not a part of HTTP.)

Running remote front panels and the G server simultaneously is discussed in this KnowledgeBase, but it sounds like you've already got most of that information.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any more problems.
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)

Hi.

So why you can set the option to share the same port???

Best Regards.

Arturo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,130 Views)

I also tried to run CGI and Remote panels without sucess.

When I try to run the CGI code it doesn't works when the port is shared.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,129 Views)