LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzzy system from simulink to labview

Hey all, hope you are well. 

I have a developed fuzzy system in simulink, how would I go about transfering this over to labview? If anyone has any help or developed a model that can do this. Any advice is well recieved. 

regards

Alim Guy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,381 Views)
Hello Alim,
Sorry if I've misunderstood your question, but is this what you're looking for?

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,378 Views)

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply.

This could be an option, however it would require me to open simulink/matlab each time i run it which isn't ideal

I was more thinking if I could somehow bring in the rules made in simulink and use them directly in labview?? Or do you think it'd just be easier to start from scratch?

Would you happen to have any example of people who have set up a fuzzy system? I've been looking through the blocks for fuzzy logic and there are heaps.

Regards

Alim Guy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,356 Views)

Hi Alim,

This can be achieved using the Simulation Interface Toolkit, which can be purchased from this URL, which allows you to directly interact with models developed in Simulink. This toolkit will import the developed files into LabVIEW. In terms of researching Fuzzy Systems created within LabVIEW, if you have the Fuzzy Logic Toolkit, you can go to the NI Example Finder (LabVIEW > Help > Find Examples...) and search for the keyword 'Fuzzy' you can view Fuzzy Systems developed purely in LabVIEW. You can learn in depth about Fuzzy Logic Toolkit here to see if these tools suit your specific requirements.

In terms of the ease of implementation, it really depends on what you're after. It's not so much what process is easiest, but what you are suits your current process of development. If you're used to developing systems in Simulink and it's the standard at your workplace, then it's probably more suitable to implement your Fuzzy System through the Simulation Interface Toolkit; there are some extra steps required when importing the data in terms of referencing the variables appropriately in LabVIEW but it's not a lot of extra work. If you're interested in developing and implementing your systems entirely from the LabVIEW environment, it will be worth using the Fuzzy Logic Toolkit.

Regards, 

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,352 Views)