LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Generator: Burst mode in a for loop

Hello,

I am in a project that needs to generate a 500KHz sine wave for 2ms in each second with a Function Generator (Keysight 33500B). In addition, I need to update the amplitude of the waveform every second. So I am using a For Loop.

To test the code, I generate a 500KHz sinewave with fixed amplitude in burst mode (Burst period 1 second, cycle number 1000). I put the configuration code in a for loop with 10 repeats. When I run the code, it seems the function generator generates an extra sine wave burst before my desired waveform in each second. I have no idea why and how this extra burst is generated. I have attached my .vi and a photo of the waveform in this post.

Thanks in advance!

Shanshan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,730 Views)

Possible error in your commands?

I see one says "TIRG:SOUR EXT INIT"  I would think that would be "TRIG: ....."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,720 Views)

Thanks for reply.

There is an emoji in your reply, making the sentence hard to understand...

Did you mean I should use "TRIG: SOUR EXT INIT" instead of "TRIG: SOUR IMM"?

But I don't use external trigger source... I use the internal trigger.

* I have to add a space between "TRIG:" and the "SOUR", otherwise mine is also turned to an emoji...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,718 Views)

Oh I see what you mean. But I don't have commands saying "TIRG: SOUR EXT INIT" in the attached .vi, do I?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,711 Views)

Yes, you do.

FGtest_0703_BD

And I don't have an emoji in my reply.  You have default setting for the forums which is pretty bad in that it turns regular text into Emoji's.  To fix it, follow the instructions in this post.  https://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Community/Disable-Emoticons/m-p/3340403#M13378

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,683 Views)

My bad!!! The uploaded file is not updated! So Sorry for that!

Here is the .vi I was talking about. Simply generate a burst mode with 1 second burst period and 1000 cycles sine wave (500KHz). This generation was put in a For Loop since I have to update its amplitude in each second in the future.  I use Keysight 33500B function generator, and view the waveform with an oscilloscope.The generated waveform is also attached in this post. Before my desired 2ms burst, there is an extra burst (about 8.5ms) which I have no idea why and how it appears.

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem is highly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Shanshan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,666 Views)