From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel screen changes

Help!! I am about to lose my sanity from trying to reline up icons on the front panel screen every time I save.

For no apparent reason every time I save my labview VI the front panel moves the icons. Sometimes they move farther apart but today they are moving inwards and getting smaller. I have spent 2 hours today alone just trying to get the front panel to look the way it did yesterday.

Does anyone have any ideas before I attack my computer with a ball bat and steam roller it???????
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,899 Views)
First check VI Properties>Window Size and see if you've checked "SCale All Objects on Front Panel as the Window Resizes". If that's not checked and you don't have any property nodes that change front panels objects (i.e. position or bounds) then please attach your VI so that someone here can look at it and see if they can reproduce the behaviour.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,899 Views)
I think Dennis's answer is right on the money, but I also wanted to point out that you can programatically set the postion of the front panel. You do this with property nodes. The trick is to put the controls where you want them and use the postion property on the controls to write their location to an indicator. Now you change the property node to write and your indicators to contants and put this code in the beginning of your VI. This way everytime you run the VI, the controls will be exactly where you want them.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,899 Views)
Jeremy is right. I did the same for my program. It works great. Perhap. assigning Bounds for each of your controls/ indicators with the same method will make it perfect!

Cheeers!
ian
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,899 Views)
Thank you very very much for your help!! Today I have had no problems with icons moving. I have already waisted over the months at least 12 hours or more moving the icons back to the correct location.

Again I can't think you enough for your help!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,899 Views)
Dennis's answer solved my immediate problem. However I would like to learn about using property nodes. As I am very new to Labview I have yet to really use them and when I have tried they would not wire up. Do you have any examples?

Thanks for your suggestion!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,899 Views)
Thanks Jeremy for your suggestion. I am still on a sharp leaning curve with Labview. I understand the general idea of what you are talking about however as of yet I have been unable to wire up property nodes. Do you have any examples?

Again thank you for your input!!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,899 Views)
I have attached an example. You may want to read the shipping documents. Open LabVIEW >> help >> view printed manual (6i) or search the LabVIEW bookshelf (6.1). This launched a pdf listing all the shipping documents. Check out the getting started manual and then the user manual.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,899 Views)
Awsome!!! Thank you so much. I now see what I was doing wrong when I was trying. That looks very useful...

I'll start some reading but again thanks for your help!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,899 Views)