From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel opens with wrong dimensions

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a labview program which has been passed through many hands before landing in mine, there are a lot of things in the program I have not tried to even look at or understand what they are. What I do know is that while there are numerous different indicators and controls on the front panel, which span maybe 2000x3000 pixels, I only need to see the controls and indicators which appear in the top left corner of this panel, about 300x600 pixels in size.

As I have it set up right now in the development environment, it works fine. The window is scaled down so that I only see the part of the panel I want to see, when I push the run button it stays that way. However, when I build the program into an application file, the window opens at something like 1300x720 pixels and I see a ton of nonsense on the screen that I don't want to see.

I have gone into the VI properties and set the window size and window run-time positions all "to current panel size" and "to current window position", but still when I build the application it doesn't open at the right size and position.

Does anyone know how I can get the panel to actually open at the size and position I tell it to?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bravomatt

Most likely cause.

Someone edited the windows size properties in the build specification rather than used the default "Use VI Properties Settings."

And yes, that would override the development environment property settings and apply a defined appearance.

Actually, a useful feature if you want a different Main.vi FP size on different screen resolutions 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(708 Views)

I went into the build application properties and in the "Source File Settings" category I clicked on "Customize VI Properties..." From there the check box for "Use VI Property" beside "Window run-time position" was unchecked. I checked the box and it fixed my problem.

Thanks.

Whoever last edited this changed the setting to "Maximized", which explains why the window was resizing to the observed size. For my application the monitor size which the program is expected to run as well as the desired position of the window on screen have both been specified, though.

Message 3 of 3
(701 Views)