LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel not responding / very sluggish , why is this the case?

Hi ,I'm having an issue with a program on labview 2014. The basic structure of it is an event structure inside a while loop. 

The issue I'm having is when I first run the VI (it should be waiting at the event structure). I cannot change numeric controls or edit the axis of my graphs, it seems to only be things where I need to type which trigger this. My buttons (that trigger events) all work as expected. But if I try to change a numeric control or axis scale then the front panel freezes and then nothing works (entire VI frozen).

Why might this be the case?

I can't share the program unfortunately due to confidentiality on the front panel there is a lot of data in the form of contour plots and a regular graph. 

Things I have tried: 

Changing the polling of the outer while loop by adding a wait time (no difference)

Clearing all graphs and contour plots before running the VI (no difference).

Advice would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,318 Views)

There is not sufficient information to troubleshoot.

Do you have "key down" events, for example? What do they do? Any filtering events? Are there any loops inside any event cases? Is it possible that some events don't complete, but are set to lock the front panel until they complete? Is there a case structure around the event structure? Is there exactly one or zero event structures per outer loop? Do you have any key navigation defined?

Since you cannot attach the VI, can you make a small demo VI that still shows the problem? Can you at least show a picture of the diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,305 Views)