LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel items stuck

So I had a pretty frustrating problem occur in my VI this morning.

Basically at some point yesterday I think I grouped or locked 1 item or two in a tab control. This tab control had 9 pages, each with a xy graph or intensity graph... which all got completely "stuck" where they were.

They were not locked, but I could not select them and/or manipulate their size or move them.... I could interact with every other control/graph in every other tab, but that tab (tab 2) was completely "locked" except for switching between tabs. (also undeletable in block diagram)

Even if I would drag over the box, I could then highlight it, but do nothing with it.

I looked through a few solutions. The only thing that worked to be able to even delete them from the front panel was changing the graphs/intensity to indicators then deleting them.... This led to me having to redo the 9 tabs of graphs and reset the properties and what not....

I'm curious as to why this happened. Why was I unable to select everything and simply unlock/ungroup it. Is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,185 Views)

Hi Jewsus,

so there is a problem in YOUR VI after YOU made some changes to it. Now you want us to provide help without attaching YOUR VI?

Did you group FP items or did you lock them?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,176 Views)

Yes, there is a problem with my VI. However my VI is work-sensitive so I cant post my VI for you to help me with 😕  I've stated this a few times, and while I don't expect everyone to remember that, there isn't a need for frustration 😜 (I understand its frustrating when people do this, but I actually can't post mine.... its annoying for me too)

I've already found the solution of having to delete the whole tab and re-create the graphs and reset their specific properties which was a few hour ordeal.

All I'm asking is what can cause things like this, and/or if there is a fix... because its been an issue since like 2009 or something. see attached link.

I locked one graph in a tab of my tab control, and it froze the entire tab... to the point where I couldn't even unlock the stuff. I tried selecting everything, locking and unlocking, grouping and ungrouping... but in the end, the ONLY way I was able to remove the tab and locked graphs was to change them all to indicators and delete them, or delete the tab.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Cannot-select-delete-indicators/td-p/877250

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,156 Views)

Hi Jewsus,

the ONLY way I was able to remove the tab…

I would have just reverted to an older version of that VI.

Don't you use any SCC tool?

However my VI is work-sensitive so I cant post my VI for you to help me with

You cannot even create a new simple example VI to demonstrate the problem you got?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,142 Views)

I couldn't just revert because I had made some big changes in how my code works and was focused in the block diagram way before I realized the front panel was locked... (I was debugging for hours yesterday and at the end of the day came across this issue).

I will try to recreate the bug with a simple VI.

Stupid question. What's an SCC tool, I'm still pretty new at this (3 months experience), so my overall knowledge is limited.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,108 Views)

Hi Jewsus,

SCC stands for source code control. Tools like (Tortoise)SVN or GIT...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,098 Views)

Did you try CTRL+A then ungroup?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 7 of 7
(1,997 Views)