LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From hyperterminal to labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new on labview, and i need to do somethign with it that is why i need your help. I am using hyperterminal to control one laser. I can change wavelength, and swtich on, off ,and also i can read wavelength by using hyperterminal but i have to use labview to do all of these is that possible and from where i can start to do that. I mean i want to create on/off button to open/close laser and also controller to increase or decrease wavelength. I know hyperterminal codes, am i going to use these codes when i am writing new labveiw program for this laser? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Hyperterminal is serial (RS-232) communication

look under Data Communication -> Protocols -> Serial pallete

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,987 Views)

I used serial pallette and visa read, write and close, but the problem i don't know how i can see the result on the front panel which function i should use for reading value on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,965 Views)

You display the results on the front panel with an indicator.

Have you taken LabVIEW tutorials?

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,961 Views)

Actually, instead of writing my own program, i used example program to connect my device, i used basic read and write example, and i can connect my device but i could not get temperature data on read string panel. where am i gonna write my termianl command to control device and also don't i have to define terminal commands that are written on manuel. i wrote command to get actual temperature but i got same what i wrote on string to write panel. I attached what i got from program as a jpeg. And also sometimes i got result as a symbols instead of numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,925 Views)

What is the termination character?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mkmo

Are you sure you wrote the correct command?  Do you need to send a termination character with it such as a carriage return or line feed?

What do the commands look like when you are using them in Hyperterminal?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,912 Views)

It is carriage return and i solved the problem at the end of each command i must write /r and device respond it now i can control my device thank you for your help. However, i have some questions, i got temperature when i run the program but program is not working continuously, i mean temperature is changing every time and my program show temperature just one time and when i want to learn new temperature value i have to run program again, Is that possible to run program continuosly until i push stop button it should work.  while loop is going to work for that solution? 

Thank you all again to respond my problems

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,880 Views)

If you want something to run continuously, yes you will need a while loop around it with a Stop button wired to the loops stop terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,873 Views)