LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Labview 7.1 help, can't load example vi's

Quick question:

When in Labview 7.1 Help, I can no longer load example vi's. I receive a message: "An error occurred – The NI HelpServer could not be found."

A search on the NI website finds this issue listed & a solution given for Labview version 7.0. It is suggested to:

Solution: NI HelpServer is one of two services which open TCP/IP ports to communicate with other NI applications running on your computer, such as the NI Example Finder and the LabVIEW Help. By default, LabVIEW 7.0 will launch this service at startup, however, if it has been disabled you will get this error message. In order to enable the HelpServer, navigate to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\resource\system and run the HelpServer.llb. On the front panel of the Set HelpServer Config Settings__NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS.vi you will see a boolean control to enable the server. Turn this switch on and run the VI. The LED indicator in the HelpServer.vi will turn on and you will be able to access the shipping examples from the NI Example Finder.

One finds a HelpServer.llb / HelpServer Config Settings routine in Labview 7.1 as well, and after setting the LED green, the new error message reads:

Error 63 occured while trying to open this example using the NI Example VI Finder.

Help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,443 Views)
Hi Targa,

Please make sure that you are not blocking the "Port Used" by other applications or firewalls. You might also want to stop and restart the HelpServer.vi several times to access an available port.

Let me know if you keep getting the error.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,419 Views)

I tried till the point of opening the helpserver located in the said folder. But then I got this error saying "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Labview 7.1\resource\system\HelpServer.llb" filename externsion is too long. Cannot open the said folder. Anyone knows what can be done further?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,005 Views)