LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From LV 2016 to LV 2013

Hi,

I need the following Labview file to be converted from 2016 to 2013 version. 

When i try to downgrade it, I am not able to save the toolkit files.

Your help is appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)

The short answer is, you probably can't 😞 See the article below.

Can I Save VIs in My Current LabVIEW Version for Use in a Previous Version?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DA470EB199497F4086256931007050C0

"You also cannot save VIs in toolkits backwards. This is because toolkits have their own versions, and you can only have a toolkit installed for one version of LabVIEW at a time on a machine."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,143 Views)

Hmm.  I'm not quite as "negative" as Gregory.  Your VI consists of code you've written in LabVIEW 2016 plus Instrument Drivers (NI-Scope) that were installed with LabVIEW 2016.  When you do the conversion, the drivers will probably not convert, but if you've installed LabVIEW 2013 (which you would need in order to develop the code in LabVIEW 2013) and also installed the appropriate Drivers, you should be able to make this work.

I have multiple LabVIEW versions installed on this machine.  Each LabVIEW version has its own Folder that includes folders for instr.lib, user.lib, and vi.lib.  When you open your 2013 Version of your code (after a "Save for Previous Version"), you may have to delete the NI-Scope VIs (which might not have "back-converted") and relink with the appropriate VIs from LabVIEW 2013\instr.lib, but once you do that, you should have no errors (Famous Last Words).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,096 Views)