cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency to Voltage with NI 6002

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I am having a color sensor that outputs a Frequency in kHz that quantifies a particular color, when a LED is switched on. ( For e.g Red gives 12 kHz; Green  8  kHz and Blue gives 5  kHz)

At first i was planning to use a Freq to Voltage converter  (like LM2907) and the obtain voltage. But since i already have a NI 6002 box for another purpose in the same project, i was thinking whether i can i wire the sensor output directly to Analog Input of NI 6002 and get a reading/result ? Or would it be better to use Freq to Voltage converter and then proceed?

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nghtcrwlr

You have two options,

Use the counter to measure the frequency, see examples (and MAX/DAQ assistant on how to wire)

Or capture the voltage as an analog signal with a AI and use the tone detection vi.

If the output is in a range that fits to the digital input, I would use the counter.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 3
(2,582 Views)

Hi Henrik,

Yes, I used the counter to measure frequency. it works well.

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,499 Views)