LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency generation at particular intervals

Hi everybody,

I want to generate a signal for particular frequency and i need to start and stop at particular frequency say at mhz with amplitude scale factor from 0.1 to 0.9 and step size in khz, can anybody explain about this? see this link  'https://www.spectraplus.com/DT_help/frequencystep.htm'

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,587 Views)

Hello Paul,

You can use element of pallete Express->Signal Analysis : Simulate Signal : to generate a signal that you want ; Filter : to filter your signal in a particular frequency (if you want). Or element of pallete Comparaison : to compare frequence of that you generated.

Regards, Fred

Kudos are welcome Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,567 Views)

If you have the "Automation interface API" option, you should get a description of that API. It's not online AFAIK, so we can't do much. You'll have to make a driver (library) around that API and at some point (when the basics are covered) implement the specific function you're referring to.

It's been done before (google). Maybe you can get or buy a driver if the manufacturer doesn't have a LV driver available?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,549 Views)

Best bet is to find non-LV implementations online.

This link makes me think it's possible to make a FIR filter that acts as a Hilbert transform.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,540 Views)

Hi Wiebe@carya,

Thanks for your response but actually what i want really is like 'Ivi down converter Frequency step Start Stop(FST).vi' for instrument control in labview. I want to control arduino same like that for signal analysis and transmission purpose.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,523 Views)

Sorry about my previous post (about Hilbert), it ended up in the wrong thread. If it makes any sense, it shouldn't.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,517 Views)

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

Anyway i made a simple vi for swept step sine generator, go through this you may get some idea about what i have asked? and also is it possible to write the generated voltage into the arduino?

Regards,

sam

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,500 Views)

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

Anyway i made a simple vi for swept step sine generator, go through this you may get some idea about what i have asked? and also is it possible to write the generated voltage into the arduino?

Regards,

sam

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,500 Views)

Seems you're already (almost) there? If this is the signal you want, what is the exact problem (not being blunt just want to understand)?

I don't know anything about Arduino, so I can't help with that. Seems off-topic as well, might have better luck asking a new question ("how to output voltage on Arduino")?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,491 Views)