LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze when using custom scales in MAX

I am creating a custom scale for a NI-USB 6008, using MAX 4.1 and NI-DAQmx 8.3.1f0.  Starting from scratch, the software brings up the custom scales wizard, but gives me an hourglass cursor when the wizard ends, and MAX refuses to respond unless it's killed by the task manager.

I have done this a couple of times now - the custom scales I create appear in the system tree on the left once MAX is relaunched, under the "NI-DAQmx scales" categories, but when I right-click on them to edit/delete/test I get the hourglass again, and MAX needs to be killed again.

This is a relatively fresh install of WinXP SP2, so I doubt there's much installed software that could be conflicting here.  Can someone please offer some insight into this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,189 Views)
Josh,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments support.  This is not a common issue and I don't know if anyone will have much insight as to why it occurs.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver will most likely fix the issue.  There is also a newer version of the driver available, DAQmx 8.5.  It was released  on 3-5-07.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,172 Views)