LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum members meeting at NI Week

Wouldn't it be nice for the regulars here to meet in person? I propose that NI set up something at each yearly NI Week event where the members of this and all forums can gather to meet in person. It would be nice to put a face with the people who are regulars here, and to new members as well.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 1 of 14
(3,311 Views)
Sounds great. We could even put a picture of our avatars on the badge. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 05-19-2005 11:19 AM

Message 2 of 14
(3,296 Views)
Yes, but how are you going to manage the animation (maybe hang a PDA on your shirt)?
I'm afraid you will have to do without me.

I'll just incorporate a blinking white LED behind one eye. Shouldn't be too hard. 🙂

Tst, I you want to avoid that we chat about you, you should attend so we can chat with you.
Message 4 of 14
(3,282 Views)
I think NI already has something planned.

Something about a booth.

I will try to get our advocate to revael more info.

Greg McKaskle once suggested that all Exchange contributors should wear beanies with propellers and blinking leds.

I think this is good idea because it will let recognize the pseudo-geeks from the true geeks.

I have not added the leds yet but I have propeller beanie that features a Teddy bear to match my avatar.

Planning on attending,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 14
(3,256 Views)
So does this mean I have to add a dragon and steaming cup of coffee to my beanie? I just hope his wings don't get caught in the propeller. He can get so cranky.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 6 of 14
(3,251 Views)
Hello all,

I'm currently putting together plans for the LabVIEW Community (all of you, User Group members, etc) at NIWeek. Current plans include a "Community hang-out booth" with sofas, computers, and coding challenges. We'll also hold a User Group meeting there. What ideas do you guys have? Let me know what you're thinking as we're still putting together the plans. Within reason, of course. No gold-plated and diamond-encrusted cars. Not this year, at least... 😉
J.R. Allen
Message 7 of 14
(3,208 Views)
How about a bunch of PC's connected to the Web so we can log in to the Discussion Forums and chat to one another?
I'm just kidding 🙂

Actually, having a common meeting area would be pretty cool, good idea!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 8 of 14
(3,188 Views)
How about rounding up a bunch of toys for us to poke around with.

CompactRIO, Vision, cFP etc. All set up with some hardware that is available in the event we want to experiment with what we learn in the other shows.

Are any of those robots I saw last year around?

Coffee or tea brewing in an Enthusiast Kettle with an open source VISA based USB driver of course.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 14
(3,184 Views)
I want some Lego robots to play with.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 10 of 14
(3,178 Views)