From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum awards

So my idea for the contests is to do the following:

1. Start a new contest each month (with a trial run to make sure that it is successful)

2. Have the community decide on what metric we will measure for that month - we can do it based off a number of things and can slice by board.  One month might be the most number of kudos per post in the Multifunction DAQ board for example.

3. At the end of the month I will run the numbers and send out prizes to the top person (or people).

4. Pick a new metric for the next month - this way we can make sure that plenty of people can participate.

I personally like basing the contest off of metrics because we don't have to get people to go to a separate thread to nominate top contributors.  However, I could see doing something like that on a yearly basis instead of a monthly basis.   At the end of the year we could collect nominations and I could set up a poll where everyone could vote.

Thoughts?

If we decide to do the monthly contest, I think we could start in March.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,084 Views)

Like many things, I am of two minds when it comes to the contest.  This reflects the fact that competition brings out the best and worst in people.  My suggestion is to choose (or announce) the metric after the month is over.  This lets the award go to people whose everyday efforts are exemplary instead of artificially focussing on a given board for a month. 

As to the subjective awards, I like the idea.  I would probably target a few, if not most awards for things that are hard to quantify.  Funniest post, Best insult (after giving a certain someone a lifetime achievement award), Unrequited threads (I can think of a case where I had 20+ replies, wrote extensive examples, solved the problem and only had a single kudo (not from OP) to show),  along with the most helpful, etc.  Keep it fun, the best part is reminiscing over the best posts of the past year.

Message 22 of 27
(1,061 Views)
Another thought, most good answers start with good questions so there should probably be a little something for outstanding questions and inquistors.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,015 Views)

Darin.K wrote:
Another thought, most good answers start with good questions so there should probably be a little something for outstanding questions and inquistors.

Excuse me Altenbach, are you listening to this!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(976 Views)

Mathan wrote:

Darin.K wrote:

Excuse me Altenbach, are you listening to this!!!!!!!!!!

Mathan,  what are you trying to say?????????????

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(965 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:
Mathan,  what are you trying to say????????????

Upto me, Altenbach was the one who will question back the user with more questions.... That's why i said like that.... I forgot to insert this ( Smiley Wink ) smiley in the line i posted. That makes a difference isn't it?

Message 26 of 27
(955 Views)
Just to bring this thread to the top and to know whether there is any poll coming up.....
Message 27 of 27
(848 Views)