LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum awards

A few years back I received a nice little picture holder and another time I got a foam labview star from NI in acknowledgment of contributions to this community.  In tough economic times these rewards have disappeared.  I think that the community can host a first annual awards for member contributions maybe the "First Annual LabVies"LabVies.jpg

The categories might include "Best post",  "Coolest application",  "Poster of the year", "useful nugget" and maybe even a spaghetti code award. 

The forum could be used to nominate posts, users can cast one vote per category.

Winners will be able get the award icon added to their profile, acceptance speech is optional (noone would hear it anyway).

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 1 of 27
(4,171 Views)

Great idea!

I'll sponsor the awards if you get everything else together.

How about $50 US for the winner in each catagory (ties have to split the cash) ?

I can't go any higher without getting permision from the Princess.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 27
(4,159 Views)
awesome Idea lol
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 3 of 27
(4,133 Views)
That might be kind of fun. But I would shy away from any award that might embarrass someone. Smiley Surprised
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 4 of 27
(4,131 Views)
<Of Course Ben would sponsor......  He may just sweep the awards.  Great idea!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 27
(4,130 Views)

Fantastic idea Paul.... Smiley Happy

Its good that you posted here in LabVIEW board so that it can catch lot of eyes..... Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 27
(4,086 Views)

Although I am not really qualify for all those awards, but it was "more motivation" then than now...

I still love those little token i.e. Enthusiasts Mug...

IFK_MUG.JPG.jpg 

LabVIEW Memorabilia

LabVIEW Memorabilia 1

LabVIEW Memorabilia 2 (sorry that links to images are no more valid.. )

Wishing yours suggestion a success! 

Message Edited by ian fung on 01-22-2010 12:08 PM
Message Edited by ian fung on 01-22-2010 12:12 PM
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
Message 7 of 27
(4,082 Views)

I am ok with this only if ben and altenbach are kept out of this awards else you can might as well announce a date and ship the awards annually to them.

It will be better if we give something like a "life time achievement award" or make them the judge or do something to keep them out. :smileyvery-happy:

on a serious note a nice suggestion!!!

Message 8 of 27
(4,058 Views)

muks wrote:

I am ok with this only if ben and altenbach are kept out of this awards else you can might as well announce a date and ship the awards annually to them.

It will be better if we give something like a "life time achievement award" or make them the judge or do something to keep them out. :smileyvery-happy:

on a serious note a nice suggestion!!!

I am completely OK with that as well.

Paraphrasing "I must decrease so other may increase."

I am lobbying the Princess for a larger cash award but for the time being I have to settle for buying the winners a case of beer (or if it was my brand 3 cases).

SO anyone wnat to through ideas about how we get this done?

Laura should still have the ability to post Polls so we can use that as the final measurements.

We will need nominees in each catagory and that alone should make for a good reading list.

So who should I cheer for?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 27
(4,018 Views)
I think this is a great idea. NI should put something into this as we are saving them lots of money in support that they do not have to provide otherwise.
Tim
GHSP
Message 10 of 27
(4,005 Views)