Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Node output display bug

Here it is:

Formula Node Output Display Bug.png

If I try to move the output sideways:

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

You can fix this problem by retyping the output variable names, for whatever reason.

Oh well...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,424 Views)

How did you get these outputs to appear this way to begin with?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,394 Views)

Don't know,  opened up the FP and here they were.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,367 Views)

@X. wrote:

Don't know,  opened up the FP and here they were.

Now that is what I would call a bug! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,358 Views)

OK, BD... Blame this on the ridiculous "no Edit after 15 min" policy (and please don't bother explaining it again).

I have provided a copy of the damn thing, so I cannot be accused of making things up or getting all excited, etc.

NI might no bother to look into it because it is not provided as a step-by-step bug report, I really don't care.

It's here, and to me it says something is fishy in the underlying code somewhere.

It is doesn't appear as a show-killer though, so nobody should lose sleep over it (yet).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,352 Views)

It was certainly there.  I believe you.  I just couldn't figure out how to make it happen to begin.  Wondering if you had a method to reproduce it.

It is weird.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,348 Views)

Still wondering what could cause this. Did you make this VI from scratch in the current version? Did it possibly originate from a very old version or different platform? Dit it originate in a foreign language version with a different alphabet (e.g. Japanese).

Just trying to narrow down things...

I am sure NI can inspect the VI to see where the corruption is. Might give some archeological clues. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,340 Views)

Recent FN.

The VI itself is not recent (but there is not much if any "archaisms" in it).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,330 Views)

I was able to reproduce this behavior in 2013 by following these steps:

1) Create a new VI.

2) Drop a formula node.

3) Add inputs or outputs to the top or bottom border.

4) Name variable input/output node just created.

5) Save

6) Close VI.

7) Repeat 5+6)

The variable name appears to shift one pixel each time it is saved and loaded.  This only appears to happen when variables on the top or bottom of the node are renamed and the position is reset when the variable is renamed.  From what I've seen, the visual glitch that arises when the variables in/outputs are moved fixes itself after any other operations that would cause a screen redraw are performed.

Regards,

Tom L.
Message 9 of 13
(3,324 Views)

I am not sure what you mean by your last statement.

But if you move the output themselves (which should force a redraw), the output is moved but the display glitch is still there. And in fact on my machine, moving the output "drops" copies of the variable name along the path:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

THAT is fixed by a "force redraw":

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

but as you can see, the variable names still won't fit into their designated frames.

The only fix I found was to retype the name (which oddly enough requires you to type this wherever the string happens to be - outside the frame):

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,318 Views)