LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign languages

Solved!
Go to solution

My customer has asked that I come up w something that will interchange the english text in my vi to a foreign language.  He said something about including an *.ini file.  Not sure I have a full grasp on what he wants.  I think what he was getting at was to create the vi in english and include an ini file that would some how convert it to the language in the ini file.  ie...english charaters to say Japaneese...This would include labels on the front panel as well as the error codes if any are generated.   Would this be a daunting task??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clint100

Hi Clint

There's some documentation on this included in the help files of most versions of LabVIEW.

The basic idea is to export all strings from the VI into a VI string file, translate the file and then re-import the strings to the VI. This would be a little daunting but it's perfectly possible. 

Does that help?

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
Message 2 of 6
(2,597 Views)

I'll give it a look...thanks for the quick response.  My next question would be, w/o looking at the help, how do you "gather" ALL the strings from your vi??  Are they stored some where?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,590 Views)

Never mind. I looked at the Help and it looks like it explains it.  Again, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,586 Views)

PERFECT!!!!!!!  Does exactly what I think they want!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,575 Views)

Glad to hear it!

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)