LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force LabVIEW to ignore directories?

Hi all,

is there a way to deny LabVIEW access to certain folders?

I'm currently changing my software from one architecture to another and in the process, certain files may exist twice (I don't want to delete my old work in case I need some of it later on).

So I want LabVIEW to only access my new folder structure with the new VIs, not the old ones. Can I hide/blacklist a folder somehow?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,921 Views)

Zip, move and/or rename. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 5
(2,900 Views)

You can also Hide the folder (perhaps not in LabVIEW) or make it Read-Only.  However, if you use LabVIEW's Recursive File List, this technique might not work, as I think LabVIEW will include Hidden Files.  However, this same function does have the ability to include an array of Folders to Exclude, so you could use it to list files and folders except the folder you want to leave alone ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,883 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Zip, move and/or rename. 🙂 

Yup.  If you are using source code control feel free to delete it (knowing it is on the server) but you can also zip it up then delete it so LabVIEW can't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,848 Views)

Hi joptimus,

I think zipping your old version should be the way to go right now. To avoid issues like this in the future, I highly recommend using a SSC (source code control) tool to work with different versions of your software.

In LabVIEW you can use this toolkit for that:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/209022

Best,

Jan Göbel

Staff Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,832 Views)