LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For one of my applications , I need to analyse the process according to my temperature - time profile.

Hi all,
For one of my applications , I need to analyse the process according to a given temperature - time profile.
Input is given in steps in a certain time interval and within that time i need to check whether the process variable is within specified limit or not.If not , the program goes to subvi1 and brings back the process variable within the limits and the program proceeds.
Meanwhile the temperature also keeps increasing and i need to check if the temperature increase is according to the given temperature - time profile.Based on that i need to increase or decrease the Input.
The user should give a specific temperature and time profile.
I have attached the program done so far.Please help me further in this regard.

Thanks,
radhika

Message Edited by radhika on 01-08-2007 12:28 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,329 Views)

Hi Radhika,

Could you please narrow down what portion of the code you would like help with? Is there an error message that occurs somewhere in particular or is it something with the flow of the code that is not working as you would expect. Please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,300 Views)
Hi steven ,

Thanks for your response.Currently i have just given a reference temperature .but i need to compare the process temperature with the temperature profile given by the user.I havenot introduced the time variable also.I donot know how to introduce the temperature - time profile in the present code.

Temperature - time profile will look something like this:

Time                             Temperature
5                                          10
15                                         85
30                                         140
80                                         210
120                                       20

Thanks ,
radhika venkataraman.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,297 Views)
Hi radhika,

So if I understand correctly, your question is how to read in a file that contains two columns of data so you can perform comparisons on this data? Please let me know if this is in fact what you have not been able to do. Thanks!

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,261 Views)
Hi Steven,

There is no problem for me to read the file.I got the time and temperature profile values.My doubt is how should i compare the values.What should I do ???
For example if the time is 30 secs and temperature is 150 degrees.But my process can give me 150 degrees in 25 secs or 35 secs.
I have to check in a way that i change the control parameters well ahead and such that my process follows the profile time and temperature.

so should i check only the time or the slope of the temperature /time curve?

Thanks,
radhika

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,248 Views)

Hello Radhika,

As per my understanding I have moved my mouse and cooked a small piece of code.

I here by attach my work. Check out and let me know Does this help you?Smiley Happy

Karthik SP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,231 Views)

I forgot to attach sample text file I created for executing this VI.

Here is the text file

Karthik SP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,231 Views)
Hi Karthik.....

Thankyou for your time and effort.But i am not able to open the code as i am using Labview 7.1

Thanks,
radhika

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,229 Views)

Hello Radhika,

I here by attach snapshots of both front panel and block diagram along with

code which has been saved in LV 7.1.

Wish you happy pongal.Smiley Happy

Regards,

Karthik SP
0 Kudos