cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For my project Oscilloscope with DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, everyone 
I want to create an oscilloscope from labview using a DAQ card. What should I do?

By requiring the measurement of electrical signals Same oscilloscope.

Which I set the frequency of the DAQ card that will not work up to 10 MHz

I don't know which DAQ card to use to create this project. 

My English is not good. Please forgive me if I make grammatical mistakes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,606 Views)

Why do you want to use a DAQ to do what an Oscilloscope can do when you can just buy an oscilloscope?  These work with "NI-Scope" software.

Low-end USB scope 

Mid-level PCI scope

Message 2 of 16
(5,585 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Studenthope

So, I'm not entirely sure I understood correctly:

Do you already have a DAQ card, which is too slow? In this case, there's not too much you can do about it. The maximum sample rate is the maximum sample rate, but it is worth mentioning, that X- and M- Series cards (starting with 62 or 63) have the same number of Samples/sec for all channels, meaning you can either acquire 1 channel at x or 2 at x/2 and so on.

Why don't you say, what you have?

If you're still looking for a card, there are cards, that can acquire faster than 10MHz: http://www.ni.com/en-ca/shop/select/pxi-oscilloscope?modelId=235405

I hope one of my answers helped your question!

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 3 of 16
(5,583 Views)

I would like to suggest which type of DAQ card to use to make an oscilloscope in frequencies up to 5 MHz. By now I have studied the NI USB-6008/6009 and have a frequency of 150 Hz but I want a DAQ with a frequency of no more than 10MHz. Do you think I can do it or should I use a DAQ card with a lower frequency for possibilities?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,569 Views)

If you want to examine a 5MHz signal, you need to sample at at least 10MHz (Nyquist and Shannon theorems).  A quick search from NI is just showing a PCI-6115 or PXI-6115.  And those sample at 10MHz/sec PER CHANNEL.  So each channel you add reduces that maximum sample rate.

How many channels do you need?  Why not use an Oscilloscope?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,554 Views)

Can you recommend creating a virtual mini oscilloscope for me? From the oscilloscopes that I want to create, I want to be able to receive voltage from other devices to change into various waveforms in the labview program.Block the diagram that I placed Do you think it will be possible.

LabVIEW - Data Acquisition - input

I don’t speak English that well. Sorry!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,583 Views)

Go to NI MAX and crate a new task.

Let the Wizard guide you through crating the task.

Adjust the option for the task to your liking.

Save the task.

Open a new VI and go to the block diagram and drop a DAQmx Trask constant on the diagram.

Choose the task you saved when working in MAX for the Task constant.

Right-click the Task constant and select "Generate config and example"

Save the VI and the Config VI.

Submit as your project.

Give Credit to NI for doing all of the work.

Get an "A" and celebrate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 16
(5,578 Views)

I need advice on creating an oscilloscope with LabVIEW, since I don't have the ability to play LabVIEW at all because I can't play LabVIEW at all. Get help from someone who has knowledge about using LabVIEW to create a Front Panel , Block Diagram Using LabVIEW 2017.

Sorry! My English is not so good.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,587 Views)

Are you familiar with bitcoins and bitcoin wallets?

mcduff

Message 9 of 16
(5,584 Views)

I want to create an oscilloscope connected to USB-6008/6009 That can receive the alternating current from the outside and change into various waveforms in the virtual Oscilloscope.

I do not have knowledge about how to use the Labview program, so I want to get advice from people who know what to do.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,566 Views)