cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font size on Windows 7 with LabVIEW 2009

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,785 Views)

Has there been an appropriate solution to this problem?

I've just come across the problem when installing a VI created on XP onto a windows 7 PC.

Is it a matter of defaulting the font in the front panel so that they are not system or application font?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,649 Views)

I ended up doing this in LabVIEW.ini on Win7 machines:

appFont="Tahoma" 13

systemFont="Tahoma" 13

dialogFont="Tahoma" 13

BDFont="Tahoma" 13

It doesn't solve all the GUI oddities, but it's reasonably ok.

Message 33 of 37
(1,646 Views)

Yes, contrary to what I said previously, Tahoma does seem to work.  Tahoma is the default font for many machines, thankfully.  I have some old programs written in another font and I have changed some of them to Tahoma.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,632 Views)

So far this appears to have worked, except for we have our files checksummed so it is a big deal to change them. Is there something like a registry setting that can be used instead?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,529 Views)

I have found setting all the Windows Fonts to Tahoma 8 point and 100% size fixes the diagram alingment problems.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,427 Views)

This problem has been placed on the NI Idea Exchange:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Persistent-font-Settings/idi-p/943336

There are tons of ideas on the exchange, so those that get the most "Kudos" are considered sooner because R&D uses that to judge impact and severity.  Go to the above Idea Exchange page and Kudo it if you want R&D to fix this issue.

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,389 Views)