From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Float to HEX and back to float(bytewise)

@GeorgeLiu308 wrote:

GeorgeLiu308_0-1616011494529.png

Still no explanation for why you posted this code?  You don't need the loops at all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,006 Views)

@GeorgeLiu308 wrote:

GeorgeLiu308_0-1616011494529.png

... and you still did not notice that "boolean to 0,1" converts to I16, causing an up-conversion of all later data and the mentioned coercion dots. All this has been solved many times in the forum. Please only post if you think your code is significantly better. In that case you need to explain why. Just plastering an image without comments is pointless and not helpful. We don't even know if you offer it as a solution or if you require help because it does not work as you expect. Feel free to ask the moderator to remove your posts.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(994 Views)

@omprakash wrote:

But do have any idea why im not getting required HEX(414F60C6)

instead im getting HEX( 417F67BB) while doing serial VISA read.

NOTE:char,integer and long are obtained correct.

If that is the data that is received, no conversion will fix it. 

414F60C6 converts to 12.9611

417F67BB converts to 15.9628

If you're absolutely sure the device should send 414F60C6, then it seems to me there's a problem with the device. Or with your understanding of it.

Why do think 414F60C6 is required? What should this value be? Why can't it change? What is the device your reading?

If the device has a 'hold' button, that might only freeze the display, not it's internal value. So the display may show you 12.9611, that doesn't mean the returned value is 12.9611.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(971 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

The message you are replying to is from the original poster from 11 years ago.  This is a zombie thread.

Message 24 of 30
(959 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi Wiebe,

The message you are replying to is from the original poster from 11 years ago.  This is a zombie thread.

Thanks.

Makes me wander why any of us responded...

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(951 Views)

No problem.

Most of the recent responses were a back and forth with a long time forum member, but first time poster who revived the thread with a diagram that he thought was "better".

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(944 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

No problem.

Most of the recent responses were a back and forth with a long time forum member, but first time poster who revived the thread with a diagram that he thought was "better".

I think those new posts came out of the blue.

AFAIK it wasn't the first time poster (there's no "author" icon), and the intent is totally unclear as well.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(937 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

No problem.

AFAIK it wasn't the first time poster (there's no "author" icon), and the intent is totally unclear as well.

The resurrection of this thread was done by somebody who currently has a total of 2 posts, both of which are in this thread.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(934 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

No problem.

I didn't say he was the original poster  (now "author" based on the new icon that just got release in the past couple days.)  Just that his first posts were in this thread.  Even though he had registered on the forums a long time ago (back in 2015), thus a long time member.

Basically it made no sense for some who had been on the forums for 6 years to choose an 11 year old thread to post into for his first message with a "solution" that was not better and had no context as to why the thread should be revived after 11 years with his message.

I think we can now let this thread go back to Rest In Peace.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(928 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

No problem.

I didn't say he was the original poster  (now "author" based on the new icon that just got release in the past couple days.)  Just that his first posts were in this thread. 

Ah, OK. That makes sense.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(920 Views)