LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering Panel from another VI when call in main VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I had created a event structure for my smart meter between node E and F using mouse enter and mouse leave. My idea is when my cursor hover on the smart meter, the panel of another vi (NodeEF.vi) will pop up on the main vi (Main Frame.vi) and remain there till I move my cursor away from the smart meter. However, currently when my cursor is on the smart meter, the panel of another vi is flickering non-stop. How can I solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,387 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olso

Hi Olso,

@Olso wrote:

Hi all, I had created a event structure for my smart meter between node E and F using mouse enter and mouse leave. My idea is when my cursor hover on the smart meter, the panel of another vi (NodeEF.vi) will pop up on the main vi (Main Frame.vi) and remain there till I move my cursor away from the smart meter. However, currently when my cursor is on the smart meter, the panel of another vi is flickering non-stop. How can I solve this issue?

Again you forgot to name your project and the main VI in this project: it's quite hard to find when one opens the first project in your folder named "PowerMeter"…

Your "MainFrame" event structure works exactly like requested: with a MouseEnter the frontpanel of the subVI is opened, with a MouseLeave the frontpanel is closed. I don't see any "flicker"…

Recommendation (apart from cleaning up this huge block diagram): Don't use absolute file path! Use the AppDir file constant:

check.png

(Using loops running endlessly only makes sense on FPGA and maybe RT targets…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(2,351 Views)

Hi, sorry for forgetting to mention my project name and my main VI. My project name is SCADA and main VI is main frame. Thank you for the recommendation, I will edit it into my program. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,344 Views)

Hi, may I also ask, if I include a third VI in addition to the idea I wanted at the top which I want to open it when I double click or click on the smart meter, which function should I use for event structure? As currently, I already used up on mouse enter and mouse leave.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,328 Views)

Hi Olso,

@Olso wrote:

Hi, may I also ask, if I include a third VI in addition to the idea I wanted at the top which I want to open it when I double click or click on the smart meter, which function should I use for event structure? As currently, I already used up on mouse enter and mouse leave.

When you want to handle mouse button events then you need to handle mouse button events…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,326 Views)

Hi, may I ask how do I troubleshoot for Error 1000? Tried some solution proposed by other on the web but it still occurs on Node S node. Additionally, I experienced some flickering panel on some of the smart meter (mainly the one between Node V and Node A, Node L and Node K, Node B and C). Thank you. My project name is SCADA and my main VI is main frame

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,272 Views)

Hi Olso,

error 1000: the VI is not in a state ready to run…

To troubleshoot you should start with some (programatic) error handling at all!

Recommendations:

1. Instead of creating a ton of VIs all doing basically the very same task of displaying just 4 values you should create just one subVI for this task. Add an additional input to this VI to indicate which values to show (and which labels to show for those values)!
  2. Also place a small wait inside this VI to have the loop not spin as fast as possible. (This is called "greedy loops" or "CPU hogging".)
  3. Don't start and kill that subVI each time, but start/stop it once with your main VI: all you need to do is to make its frontpanel (in)visible and move it to the desired place (depending on mouse position)…
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,262 Views)