From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM License Manager on Linux, Computer-ID

Hi

I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to find any solution for my problem concerning the setup of a FlexLM-Server on Linux. I found the Vendor-Daemon (nilm) but am not able to generate the license file for the server via the online activation form. I'm obviously missing the ominous Computer-ID which seems NOT to be the MAC Address as I would have expected for a FlexLM-Server. Now, I found some articles describing how to obtain the Computer-ID via the NI License Manager in Windows....that's a pity cause my license server still is Linux in this case.

I also found Labview 2020 to be not availbale for Linux anymore (correct?); may it be that Linux support has been fully cancelled (even for the licensing server)?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,098 Views)

LabVIEW for Linux is normally downloadable if you have a serial number for the Linux version and a valid maintenance support program. I’m not sure about 2020SP1 as they seemto have done something to use a license manager on Linux and Mac for the Community Edition but before that there was no license manager included in the Linux and Mac versions of LabVIEW, which is the main reason you can’t simply download them without a valid MSP like for Windows. Also while the Windows license manager is based on FlexLM it long ago diverged from standard FlexLM and you need to install the NI license server in order for network distributed licenses and purchase according floating license packs In order to do that.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,050 Views)

Thank you for the reply, Rolf.

Well, in this case, a Windows server it has to be, then.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,016 Views)