LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten to String issue in LV 6.1 cluster to 2011

Hi,

I'm having a problem passing a flattened string representing an older LV 6.1 cluster into its 2011 counterpart. I've managed to whittle the problem down to a test case and have attached two pictures. In the 6.1 picture I use LV 6.1 to flatten the cluster contents down to a string and then save it to file. In the 2011 picture the same vi (created in 6.1) is opened with LV 2011 and the previously saved flattened string file is read and unflattened into the cluster. A read error occurs and the data does not repopulate correctly. Now......if I remove the Visa Resource Name control and run the experiment over, everything works ok. But.....if I eliminate everthing from the cluster so that only the Visa Resource Name control remains, and run the experiment over, everything also works ok. So basically I don't know what to think. Appreciate any help

Jim Haas
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,992 Views)

I believe that somewhere around LabVIEW 8, the representation of "flattened data" changed.  If so, this could explain your problem.  If you click on a Flatten to String Function and look at the LV 2011 Help, you can see references to "Convert 7.x Data mode" and "Convert 4.x Data".

Message 2 of 2
(1,960 Views)