From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat sequence structure

Hello, I have created a flat sequence structure but it doesnt run as intended can anyone give me some advise? Ty 🙂

Intention: fly to a certain height for 2000ms > rotate anticlock wise for 2000ms > rotate clock wise for 2000ms > land slowly.

1st and last part works fine except for the middle ones. i tested the middle ones without sequence and they are working..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,323 Views)

Hi John,

what do you expect us to explain for such a VI:

check.png ???

- All subVIs are missing.

- Even an error description is missing! (Saying "doesnt run as intended" is not considered a valuable error description...)

- The timings in the sequence doesn't fit to your intention...

Btw. in your other thread you have been told to use a state machine architecture instead of (flat) sequences. Why not adopt that suggestion?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 17
(3,321 Views)

Hello. Weird I did attach the sub VIs.. mmm let me try reattach. 

I did not adopted State machne instead because I am new to Labview and find it much harder to understand. Whereas flat sequence structure seems smpler. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,311 Views)

Hi John,

again only one (main) VI...

See edited comment above!

You could have sticked with your original thread instead of posting a copy of your VI in a new one...

Edited:

- Drawing a state chart on a sheet of paper will help to understand that approach. Drawing on a sheet of paper will help to understand all programming tasks and should be the recommended way before starting to code...

- Flat sequences might be simpler, but surely will not help you in cleaning up your code...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 17
(3,308 Views)

Okay now I am confused. All the Sub VIs is on my com, and I don't know why when i attach it, it went missing.. hmmm any idea? Oh man..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,302 Views)

Hi John,

did you attach all of those subVIs in the message editor? ALL OF THEM?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 17
(3,295 Views)

Sub1 & sub 2 controls the anticlockwise or clockwise movement of AR drone.

Sub 3 is level AR drone.
Sub 4 is descend/landing of AR drone

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,290 Views)

Here is sub 4

open and close vi

Sorry there buddy, am too new to Labview hence I did not know it was neccessary to attach the Sub VIs. I have attached all of them already. 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,286 Views)

Omg I am so sorry. I have compiled all the files into a Zip. Please download this one instead. Sorry 😞

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,276 Views)

Hi John,

you use all those timing functions in parallel. What will be the result of them?

You put a 9s-wait in the sequence frame, call a subVI parallel to the wait and in the subVI you have another 500ms-wait in parallel. In your question you wrote "I want to wait for 2000ms". I don't see any of your intended timings in the code...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 10 of 17
(3,261 Views)