LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Sequencing

What's wrong with a clear error and a merge error?  I would prefer that method anyway because the VI analyzer will find places that error out wires are used, and it shows a sign that the developer put thought into how to handle errors instead of using the automatic error handler, or just ignoring them unknowingly.

EDIT:  Oh and you're going to want to close that VI reference the OpenG method makes a new reference each time.  But then again if you leave it unwired it assumes "This VI" reference.  Or you could wire the This VI reference to it and you don't need to close it.  Either way will prevent a memory leak, where the current one will leak memory eventually.

Message 11 of 12
(713 Views)

I agree.  A lot of my inherited code was written by EEs who were pressed into service to write all their own tests.  The underlying tests are well written but the top-level sequencer assumes those tests are bug-free and so don't require any error handling.  Turns out that was...  wishful thinking at best. Smiley Sad

Fortunately we are hiring help from NI and Bloomy Controls to refactor the whole system so I now have a chance to do everything the right way and learn from the experts in the process.  As a bonus we're also getting a big supply of NI training credits. Smiley Very Happy

Good point on that reference.  Thanks!

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(672 Views)