From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed size Table Control: prevent "scroll on Enter" behavior

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a table control which will always be 6 rows by 8 columns.  I wish to prevent the display from scrolling which would display one or more blank lines at the end of the table.  

I have tried turning off "Selection Scrolling" in the right-click menu and disabling "Show vertical scroll bar" under Properties - Appearance.  However, even with both of these settings, if the user makes an entry in the last row and presses the Enter key, the table scrolls up one line and exposes a blank row at the bottom.

Is there any way to suppress this behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistercat
Message 2 of 3
(4,353 Views)

Your suggested solution looks doable but is more complex that I had hoped (all scrolling OFF, for instance).  I think the change-all-"Enter"-to-"Return" version is what I am looking for because users will be changing very few entries and I never want Enter to put the cursor on the next row.

Thanks for your quick response and pointing me to a thread rather than just your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,348 Views)