LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed point issue with Feedback Node in FPGA

Hi 

In the attached LabVIEW FPGA code I get the following error when I try to complie the code:

LabVIEW can not determine the size of the array output because arrays of
different sizes are wired to the Feedback Node.

Could you please let me know how can I resolve this issue
and make the input "fixed size "to the Feedback Node?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,384 Views)

How many elements do you have defined in the boolean array going into the initializer of the feedback node?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,361 Views)

That one is also 24. So I get data from 24 IOs ,  initializer array has 24 elements and the array subset VI also passes 24 elements and I don't know why I get this error

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,351 Views)

What if you don't use the boolean array to number which is outputting a U32.  Maybe 32 bit vs. 24 booleans is confusing it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,346 Views)

I deleted the Boolean array to number and replaced it with a Boolean array indicator and changed the type to 24bit fixed and I see a red dot on the input terminal. 

And I get the same error when I complie.

The input to the Feedback Node is ID array of Boolean (not fixed size ) and the output from Feedback Node is also not fixed size .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,335 Views)

On the FPGA all arrays must be fixed size. Make sure the constant array wired to the initializer is set to fixed size 24 elements.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,323 Views)

Hi,

what happens when you convert the boolean array to number directly after reading your inputs and do all that ANDing on U32 values?

check.png

(Why do you need a feedback node here at all?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,315 Views)

If you hover over the wires and look at the context help do all of the arrays show a fixed-size of 24 elements?

context help.png

The only way I could reproduce your issue was by having the initializer constant value set to a size other than 24 elements. My example wasn't exactly the same as yours, but from the compilers perspective they should be identical as far as the array sizes are concerned.

snippert.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,272 Views)