LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitting multiple peaks under a curve?

Hello all,

I've recently come back to LV (after using it for hardware control) and am now using it for data manipulation. Basically I'd like some pointers regarding fitting.

The set-up I'm using collects scans every 20s for hours on end, generating tons of data. I can fit multiple Lorentzian curves under the peaks (see attached for typical data file and screen shot of fitting) using Origin manually but obviously if I could automate this and implement it in real time as the scans are acquired I will be saving a great deal of time and effort..  

The positions of the peaks are unlikely to change (much) but the heights and widths may do.. will this cause a problem? Im very interested in following the change in the area of the third peak (as you see it on the screen shot) as time passes...

Finally I'm fairly familar with 8.2 but have been tasked with having a look at 2009 (which i currently have an evaluation version of), the main deciding factor in us upgrading is the new 'constrained' Lv fitting Vi, can anyone explain what the difference is and would it help in what I'm trying to do?

Any thoughts and ideas are much appreciated,

Kind reagrds,

David.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,604 Views)

hah, got it okay.. cheers though if you spent any time thinking..

that said if anyone does know the benefits of using the constrained LV.vi then please leave a message..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,568 Views)

Hi,

I can see how to get the curve fitting but how do you then apply the guassian fits to the peak locations? I'm struggling to achieve this using the fitting vis?

Cheers!

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,419 Views)