From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firstly hello to all. I’m looking to create a vi that will take a single logged output from a thermocouple and monitor the temperature and produce a Boolean when the temperature has stabilised for a pre determined time say 1minuet.

Firstly hello to all. I’m looking to create a vi that will take a single logged output from a thermocouple and monitor the temperature and produce a Boolean when the temperature has stabilised for a pre determined time say 1minuet. I have managed to find a couple of examples on the forum but one will only run on V8.2 and I have V8, the other is for more than one channel witch is fine I can always reduce this, but it was the timing feature I was having difficulty with. I looking to monitor the temperature of a motor until it has stabilised prior to testing and then to use this temperature as a reference. Pleas forgive my ignorance if this is a very simple thing but I’ am learning and really enjoying it. Thank you in advance for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,007 Views)

Firstly, keep your question title as simple as possible.

Secondly, please dont repeat the same question as in the title again in the message.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,995 Views)
Hi

I am looking to write you an example piece of code but can you specify a few things for me. first, when you say stabilize, how stable do you want your signal to be, what kind of range and secondly when you say timing feature can you be a little more specific for me. i look forward to hearing from you and will do my best to help.

best regards
Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,959 Views)

new2this wrote:

I have managed to find a couple of examples on the forum but one will only run on V8.2 and I have V8, the other is for more than one channel witch is fine I can always reduce this, but it was the timing feature I was having difficulty with.

Hi new2this,
which example do you mean? Is it from the internet or the forum or shipped with labview? Maybe someone can save it for you for labview 8.0.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,956 Views)
Hi Graham, thank you for you reply.

What I’ am trying to achieve is a vi I can use in a motor testing setup, a part of this would be to warm the motor up until the exhaust air temperature has stabilised, this takes approximately 10 minuets. I was thinking of just letting the motor run for this time and leave it at this, but some motors warm up quicker that others and. I am basically looking for a vi with an adjustable temperature window of say ±5 C° in 1° increments, timing wise 1minuet to 10min the adjustment is so I a can use this for another application. I tried to adjust the code I found at the link below but had a little difficulty with the timing. Thank you so much for your help it’s much appreciated.

sine.ni.com/niforum/niforum?forumDU=http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=251017&requireLogin=False
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,939 Views)
Hi GrahamG this is the what i have come up with so far.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,924 Views)

Hi new2this,

try something like this.
Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,919 Views)
Hi New2this

What mike has writen here looks pretty goood to me. Are you happy with it or can I help further?

best regards
Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,915 Views)

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your help I thought the forum would be a bit useless but there are so many helpful people here of witch you are one. I hope that some day I will be able to repay the favour.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,866 Views)