From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Install on Linux openSUSE Leap 15.3

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm brand new to Linux, but have been working with LabVIEW for 10 or so years on Windows.  I'm wanting to switch over to Linux computers for my applications, and have attempted to install the Linux version of LabVIEW on my machine.  It seems to be giving me errors though: picture attached.  Anyone have any clue what I might be doing wrong or how to troubleshoot this?

It's LabVIEW 2021 Pro for Linux.  Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Chris W.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cwoolly

I just realized that 15.3 isn't supported by LV 2021.  I'm going to install version 15.2, and try again.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,153 Views)

Hi!

I have the same problem installing LV2021 Community edition on a Suse leap 15.3 system.

It seems some of the the RPM files are corrupt, which has nothing to do with an incompability with 15.3.

RPM files are special archive files (like ZIP), which contain files and special instructions about what to do with those files.

Those files may be incompatible with Suse leap 15.3, but at least, it should be possible to open the RPM files.

The error message means that the RPM file itself could not be opened.

So, it seems the RPM files are corrupt, though the download of the ISO file was OK (Same MD5 checksum as written on NI download page)

I'm pretty sure you did not get it running on Suse leap 15.2, did you?

Message 3 of 8
(2,072 Views)

I thought that as seeing the RPM error. However that would mean nobody could install it on any RPM distro-- that can't be, can it? Maybe it's something specific to the RPM /zypper config of OS 15.3?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,039 Views)

This IS NOT SOLVED.

How do I install it on 15.3?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,986 Views)

Is there any solution to the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,983 Views)

Hello, currently I have been able to install it in openSUSE Leap 15.3.

You have to downgrade the "rpm" packets manager to 4.14.1.

You can do that through YaST Software manager, select the "rpm" packet and select the oldest version you have available; accept it and resolve also the downgrading dependency as it should suggest and that's done.

Retry the installation of LabView and it should work now.

It looks the latest versions of "rpm" are not compatible with the packets of LabView 2021.

That is valid for LabView 2021 Community Edition but i think it's the same for the Pro.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,953 Views)

o. It is the fault of Opensuse leap 15.3. Files arent corrupt. You can see on Nat Instruments site that its supported up to 15.2 and yes, I installed it on 15.2. Its still not available on 15.3 and 15.2 is already EOL. So yes, its Open Suses fault. I know some people would drink vast amounts of copium to defend their FOSS brand, but we need to get real and get the solution, denial wont fix anything.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,708 Views)