LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall settings for TPC

I have one of the fancy new Touch Panel Computers(TPC) from NI (2215).  This is running Windows 7 Embedded.  I can write labview programs and upload them to the TPC but only if the firewall is off.  For some reason our IT folks think this is a bad idea.  If I turn the firewall back on using our domain policy I lose some connectivity.   I can connect with an HTTP request to the 3580 port which tells me what high numbered port to connect on.  That port seems to be blocked.

The firewall has several services configured for access on incoming ports (no outgoing ports are blocked).   Here are the NI firewall settings.

W7E Firewall Rules

Are there other rules that should be added?  I re-ran the TPC Software installer that set up these rules with no effect.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,541 Views)

Hi sth,

It looks like the correct exception is made but if you need to make another exception you can right click on Inbound Rules and select new rules. Choose port and then click through all the options on the left hand side to get is configured. I am thinking if you explicitly open 3580 it may work for you. Other ports you may consider making rules for are listed below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CEF5A3568A5DA71D8625732800520EA1?OpenDocument

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,511 Views)

Patrick,

No.  Two reasons port 3580 is not it.  First that is for discovery and I the host can do discovery and add the TPC to the project just fine.   But when I "Test" the connection it doesn't work.   I snooped the ethernet and the discovery sends an HTTP request on prot 3580 which gets a reply "PORT=XXXXX" to a varying high numbered port.  When the host attempts to connect on that high numbered port it is blocked.  It is a TCP connection on some port around 40,000 or higher so it isn't in that nice table you referenced.

So what port(s) or what services?  I have now an open SRQ on this and it turns out that there doesn't seem to be documentation at NI on how to configure Win7E on this.  The AE is looking into some documentation on how to do this.

-sth

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,501 Views)