LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the peak value of AC current on a waveform chart and displaying on a new waveform chart continuously

I am using a DAQ to measure AC current.  Currently, the data is being displayed continuously on a waveform chart.  I would like to find the peak current and display on a new waveform chart along with it's associated time stamp as the current data is being acquired.  I've tried using Waveform Min Max.vi and am able to get the Peak Current Value and the time stamp; however, I am not able to build a new waveform since the waveform is expecting an array of values.  How can I build an array of peak current with its associated time stamp?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,227 Views)

If im not mistaken you need an array of elements into the build waveform block?

If so can you just use the build array function and input that into your chart?  It will be an array of one element. 

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,205 Views)

Yes, but I need to know the time of when the peak current measurement was made so my waveform chart would have peak current vs. time.  The problem with the build waveform block is that it takes a timestamp and not an array of time.  I will lose the time information in this case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,202 Views)

The waveform min & max gives you a timestamp for the min and max values of the waveform.  Input that as your T0 for your build waveform function.

I attached a very simple VI.  Let me know if this does what youre looking for.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,193 Views)

I tried doing that but I got a broken arrow for the peak current measurements since that isn't in an array.  Could you please do a screenshot of your example since I am running LabVIEW 2011 and cannot open it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,191 Views)

Attached a 2011 version.  Let me know if that helps.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,185 Views)