From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding maximas

Hello,

I need some some help in finding all maximas of the signal. 

For example: If the signal has 3 peaks I want to know the highest peak values(locations on x-axis).

I have tried function array max and min. But I gives only 1 highest peak value. 

As input I have signal of 1D array.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(842 Views)

Hi sundas,

ArrayMinMax works as described in the LabVIEW help…

Have you tried any other functions? Have you explored the SignalProcessing functions palette?

Mind to attach your VI with included example waveform?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(826 Views)

"Maxima" is the plural of "maximum".  So then "maximas" must be "maximumses".

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(817 Views)

the peak detection vi seems the one to try 😉

if you set width to 3 points you will all peaks 😄   so better read the help of that function and set reasonable tresholds and widths ...  but be aware that this function give you subsample x resolution and fits a square function on the data, so if you want the numerical max value and sample index, use the peak detection positions, cut out a datasampl of search width length and use the array max vi.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(809 Views)

It typically really helps to attach a simple VI containing example data because the choice of solution strongly depends on it. What do you know about the "peaks" (typical widths, amplitudes, shape, etc.)? How much noise is there? (if there is a lot of noise, each peak might have 10 micropeaks). How much baseline drift is there? Are the peaks negative or positive?

As mentioned, the peak detector might help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(798 Views)