LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding error from error list in 8.6

I just converted to 8.6. When bringing up a vi I have a broken arrow. This is not unexpected. The problem is I expect to be able to double-click on the error and have LabVIEW highlight the error in the block diagram. Instead nothing happens, which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. I'm getting a little frustrated with 8.6 already and I think I'll go back to 8.5 so I can get some of my own work done instead of finding 8.6 bugs. Maybe I just have something configured wrong but this seems pretty basic.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,345 Views)

How large is your VI?  See if this e-mail thread applies to you http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=352977

It mentions LV crashing when bringing up the error list, as opposed to just being empty.

You may also want to try upgrading to 8.6.1.

Message 2 of 3
(2,337 Views)

Sorry to hear you are getting frustrated with 8.6.  As Ravens Fan mentioned, there is a maintenance release that resolved some issues that snuck through testing and beta.

What error are you getting that isn't letting you highlight the problem?  Are there other errors that you can highlight, or are they all broken?

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
Message 3 of 3
(2,311 Views)