From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding cDAQ Resource VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

Newbie question.....I have my cDAQ chassis connected to my PC via a USB cable, with 4 cards installed (DIO, AIO, RTD and relay card. They all show up in NI Max.

How / Where do I find these resources in LabView. I searched Measurement I/O from the diagram window, but did not see them there.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,011 Views)

I'm not sure by what you mean by "I searched Measurement I/O from the diagram window".  But if you started out with a DAQ Assistant, you should see the modules and channels when you configure it there.  If you did a bit more advanced programming using actual DAQmx functions like Create Task, when you create a control or constant from the Channel input, you'd be able to browse and find the device, module, and channels in that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,999 Views)

I am not sure where to find the DAQ Assistant, Can you point me in the right direction? The link you included did not seem to work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,979 Views)

Hello CastleWorks,

you can find the DAQ assistant under the palette Measurement I/O -> DAQmx -> DAQ assistant

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Basic Programming with NI-DAQmx

Unbenannt.PNG

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,938 Views)

Hi Alexander,

That was my thought, they should show up under th Measurement I/O pallet....but I am not seeing them there. Is there a first step I need to do for LabView to recognize them? Here is a shot of NI Max as well.

pellet.png

max.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,926 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CastleWorks

Hello CastleWorks,

which LabVIEW version and DAQmx version is installed?

Reinstall or repair the driver could help.

NI-DAQmx 16.1

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,921 Views)

I reinstalled DAQmx and that fixed it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,907 Views)