From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a particular element from an excel (may be have multiple occurrences) from a massive number of data and paste in another excel

I have a collection of data from a test report which has 50000 rows, I need to find a particular row(may have multiple occurrences) and paste the row(s) in another excel. please help me.

Example excel is uploaded in which I need to find string "WLAN Fetch Payload Power Average" from cell Q1 and "R12BPSK" from cell P1 and paste the different occurrences in a different excel in a predefined cell(s).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,850 Views)

Is this a LabVIEW question?

If you are using an Excel file to get data and put it into another Excel file, why not just write some VBA code within Excel?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,829 Views)

I would have to agree with RavensFan here

It wold be far easier to figure out how to do these thing manually in Excel:

1. Search for the data you require
  2. Highlight the data
  3. Copy the data
  4. Paste it into a new spreadsheet

Then record a MACRO in Excel of you performing those steps manually

Finally playback that macro and let Excel do it's job.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,821 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

Am I able to do this operation in labview,? since I have a backend code which is running with the help of labview and teststand, so that I can add the same VI to the teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,796 Views)

You can do it in LabVIEW.  You will probably need to use ActiveX Controls.  Also look at the Report Generation Toolkit.

But the way you presented the question which didn't mention LabVIEW or Teststand, only talked about Excel to Excel.  For such a situation, I would find it easier to program it in Excel's Visual Basic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,787 Views)

It would be easier to back up and change your existing program to create a separate Excel  spreadsheet containing only the data you require, rather than save everything only to sift through later and copy it to another sheet.

But I am sure the Report Generation Toolkit or a third party add on like XLR8 (preferred) can do what you ask but it's not going to be easy.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,761 Views)