LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Voltage Excitement for my DAQ Devices

Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble finding the voltage excitement for a few of my DAQ products and I'm wondering if any of you can help me. My boss is looking in to using electrodes in our next expiriment and I've been asked to determine if the products we currently own will be able to measure the voltages we'll be mesuring. We currently have a BNC-2110 Shielded Connector Block, a NI 9219 4 ch universal analog input device, an NI USB-9162 Hi speed USB carrier and a NI PCI 6221 16 bit analog input device. Based on some research I've found the electrodes will be producing voltage anywhere from 50 microvolts to 30 milivolts, but I havnt been able to find anything about the voltage excitement of any of my devices so I havnt been able to figure out if these devices will even be able to measure voltages this small or if they will just filter them out as white noise. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

"There will be water if God wills it"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,110 Views)
I don't think you are using the correct terminology. What you probably want is the minimum voltage accuracy or resolution. This should be on the specs for your two DAQ devices.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,097 Views)

You could be right,, I tried looking up some of the terms and didnt fully understand. Are the terms you're referiung to the smallest voltage still measurable by these devices?

"There will be water if God wills it"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,084 Views)

yes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,077 Views)